A list of academic publications and presentations:
- Nyland, R. (2011) Using Video Production Tools in the Classroom. Presented at the 2011 NW Elearn Conference. Oct 13-14, 2011, in Vancouver, WA.
- Randle, Q., Nyland, R., Todd, S., Christensen, J., Godfrey, C., Grange, R., Wheeler, J., and Smith, B. (2008). Participation in Internet Fantasy Leagues and Mass Media Use. Journal of Website Promotion, 3.
- Nyland, R. (2007). The Gratification Niches of Online Social Networking, E-Mail and Face-to-Face Communication. (Master’s Thesis, Brigham Young University, 2007). link
- Nisse, T., Bauman, L., Nyland, R. & Marvez, R. (2007). Imaging a Worldwide Church: 30 Years of Photographs in the Ensign Magazine. Southwestern Journal of Communication.
- Nyland, R., Marvez, R., & Beck, J. (2007). MySpace: Social Networking or Social Isolation? Presented at the AEJMC 2007 Midwinter Conference. February 23-24, 2007, Reno, Nevada. link
- Nyland, R. and Near, C. (2007). Jesus is My Friend: Religiosity as a mediating factor in social networking use. Presented at the AEJMC 2007 Midwinter Conference. February 23-24, 2007, Reno, Nevada. link
- Nyland, R. (2007). Social Networking: Fertile Ground for the Branding of Youth. Presented at the 19th Annual Convention of the Far West Popular Culture & Far West American Culture Associations. January 26-28, 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada. link
- Nyland, R. (2006). Media and the Representation of Race and Culture. Arts Leadership Seminar. Provo, UT: Center for Instruction in Teaching and Learning, Brigham Young University.