RESEARCH ASSISTANT, Dr. Jon Mott, CLO Learning Objects (Sep 2013 to current)
- Assisted on research for several projects regarding adaptive learning, learning management systems, and open education
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, Creativity, Innovation, & Design Group at BYU (Sep 2013 to current)
- Helped in creating a new website for the CID group in Drupal
- Created plans for content and social media for the site
PART-TIME FACULTY, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (Sep 2013 to current)
- Instructor for HUM 110: Intro to Film. A fully online class taught in the Canvas Learning Management System.
FULL-TIME FACULTY, Lake Washington Institute of Technology / Lake Washington Institute of Technology (Sep 2008 to Aug 2008)
- Lead instructor over the Video and Web Production Degree in Multimedia Design and Production.
- For specific classes, see Teaching Experience.
ANALYST, PENN, SCHOEN, AND BERLAND ASSOCIATES, LLC (Apr 2008 to Sep 2008)
- Responsible for creation, fielding, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative surveys.
- Research projects done for a wide variety of clients in the technology industry, including Microsoft and Dell.
NATIONAL SALES ASSISTANT, KING/KONG Television (Sep 2007 to Apr 2008)
- Liaison between station and reps in coordinating broadcast schedules for national advertising clients
- Handle inventory and copy for commercial spots and paid programming
ADJUNCT FACULTY, BYU Department of Theater and Media Arts (May 2006 to June 2007)
- Designed and taught required undergraduate course in Non-fiction film History and Theory.
TEACHING ASSISTANT, BYU Department of Communications (Sep 2005 to May 2007)
- Taught basic video production to Intro to Broadcasting Lab
- Daily instruction on non-linear digital editing using AVID Xpress Pro and Adobe Audition
- Responsible for lab curriculum, as well as grading
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, BYU Department of Communications (Sep 2006 to April 2007)
- Performed various administrative tasks to assist in Academic research
- Organized wide scale data collection using surveys and experimental design.
- Editing papers for publication in both APA and MLA styles.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ID Tech Camps UW (June to August 2006)
- Assisted in administrative duties for a summer youth technology camp.
- Planned activities, supervised students and teachers, filed paperwork, kept medication log, and was liaison between the company and parents.
NON-PROFIT COORDINATOR, Thai Film Fund (June to August 2005)
- Coordinated media project in tsunami devastated region of Thailand
- Secured funding from investors to buy equipment and arrange travel for project.
STUDENT ASSISTANT, KBYU Broadcasting (September 2003 to April 2004)
- Performed camera and sound work on sports and studio productions for local PBS affiliate.